Sunday, May 30, 2010

BFF Time

Wow, my life has become absolutely C.R.A.Z.Y.! I was able to enjoy one week off from school and then I began my internship. Let's just say waking up between 5:30 and 6 and then not getting home til 5:30 in the afternoon isn't my favorite thing in the world. My body has had to do some major adjusting to get used to the "real world". However, God has blessed me with an intern position 20 miles from home and I'm getting paid. So I am too blessed to complain! :)
Due to school consuming my life, I have not been able to see or even talk to my best friend Kayla that much. She lives in Cullman. Which is not too far away but far enough to make things difficult. Since I am finished with school I was able to leave work Thursday and head to Cullman to spend a few days with her. I had not been to her house since August of last year. That's just wrong for us two!!
Thursday was a special day. Not only was I seeing my best friend that I hadn't saw in 5 months but it was also a day that God proved himself faithful once again! Kayla's Dad, Jeff, had received some bad test results. The doctor had pretty much told him he had cancer. Jeff went for a biopsy Wednesday and would receive the results on Thursday! While driving to Cullman, Kayla calls to let me know the doctor had called and.....THERE WAS NO CANCER!!! That's my GOD!! :) We were all so excited! I was glad I got to be there with Kayla and share in the excitement of God answering their prayers!

I am glad I was able to spend some time with her. We ate, went swimming, glow bowling, laughed, laughed, and laughed some more!! Kayla has been my best friend for almost ten years now. We have been through ALOT together and I could NOT imagine my life without her! She means the world to me. I am so thankful that God placed her in my life and blessed me with such an amazing Godly friend. It is really funny how we met and I know it was nothing but a God thing. :)

Glow bowling



Christy, me & Kayla crammed in the backseat on our way to Chili's Friday night


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
This blog was created so I would have a place to share my thoughts. They may not be interesting to anyone but me.I am a senior at the University of Alabama majoring in Health Care Management. I will graduate in August of this year. I am enjoying my last months in college. However, I am excited to see what God has in store for me in the "real world."