Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Good Preachin'

There is nothing better than some good preachin'. I love it! I guess part of that comes from being a preacher's daughter. I have been around preaching my whole life. I have heard more preachers than I can even begin to count. I've heard some of the best and greatest and then some of the not so great! That's probably awful to say. But we have all been there and done that!
To me, my Dad is the best there is. Yes, of course, I am partial. But I believe he ranks right up there with the best in the country! I love nothing more to see my Dad get fired up while he's preachin' and have a "happy spell". I have a list of favorite preachers.....
#1 being my Dad
#2 Bro. Bill Stafford
#3 Bro. Phil Hoskins
and #4 would have to go to Bro. Joe Arthur.
I met Bro. Joe for the first time this week. He preached lastnight and tonight in our revival service. I had watched Bro. Joe preach on DVD before but this was the first time to see him live and in action. I knew he was a fireball but he is much more of a fireball in person. He preached the house down!! He is one of the funniest preachers I've ever met! Absolutely crazy!! Yet, he is one of the most humble I've ever met. I thoroughly enjoyed setting under his preaching these past 2 nights. My heart was challeneged and refreshed.
If you ever get the opportunity to hear him preach I strongly encourage it!
I am also thankful that one of the men, a church member, in our church got saved tonight. I know it's hard for people who claim to be a Christian to walk the aisle and profess that they aren't truly saved. I know because I did the same. But oh how thankful I am that God doesn't give up on us and draws us to him!!


Dr. Joe Arthur and Dad after church tonight. Bro. Joe had changed so that is why he isn't wearing a tie. He said to not show this picture to anyone...oops!!

1 comment:

  1. Carrie @ comfortedbyGod.blogspot.com

    Hi, Elisabeth!
    This is my first visit to your blog...love your precious adoration for your father and other pastors! What a wonderful gift from God to bless you with a godly man for a daddy.
    Im glad I stopped by. Youve reminded me how blessed my children are to have a godly father.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
This blog was created so I would have a place to share my thoughts. They may not be interesting to anyone but me.I am a senior at the University of Alabama majoring in Health Care Management. I will graduate in August of this year. I am enjoying my last months in college. However, I am excited to see what God has in store for me in the "real world."